DESIGN RESEARCH DISSERTATION: JOURNAL ARTICLE PUBLICATION

05/07/2026 - 19/07/2026 (Week 12 - Week 14)

Agnes Fadhyllah / 0360503

Design Research Dissertation / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media

DESIGN RESEARCH DISSERTATION / JOURNAL ARTICLE PUBLICATION

Instructions

Module Information Booklet


Task

For this assignment, we were required to convert our dissertation research into a journal article format based on the KREATE TDS Journal template and guidelines. The purpose of this task was to condense our dissertation into a more focused research article by selecting a specific section, research question, or research objective and developing it into a concise academic paper.

We needed to follow the provided Word template carefully, including the required formatting, typefaces, and article structure. The article needed to present the research in a clearer and more focused way while maintaining the main ideas and contribution of the original dissertation.

Throughout this task, we were required to prepare a draft version of the article for discussion during Week 12/13 and upload it to the shared Google Drive for review and feedback before final submission.

Outcome

Final Journal Article

Feedback

Student's Weekly Progression

Link 

Reflection

This part of the assessment was relatively easy for me to understand as I already had a completed dissertation to work from. I was able to finalise the journal article faster than I initially expected while still maintaining the required word count and ensuring that the content remained clear and understandable for readers.

The process of converting my dissertation into a shorter article format allowed me to revisit and rethink my research from a different perspective. Instead of simply reducing the content, I had to identify the most important parts of my research and present the key ideas in a more concise and focused way.

Overall, I am happy that the time I spent rereading, analysing, and improving my dissertation from the previous semester helped me during this stage. The effort put into refining my research earlier made it easier to restructure the dissertation into its article format. I am also satisfied with my final research outcome and feel proud that I was able to stay consistent with my research direction from the beginning until the final submission. This process also gave me more confidence in my ability to develop academic writing and communicate my research ideas more effectively.

Comments

Popular Posts